Brewing Enhancer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stille

Reaction score
I just started my first ever homebrew. When i received my Coopres Cerveza it recommended Brewhancer Kit 2. I had only ordered 1Kg of brewing sugar, after reading some blogs some people saying this is ok for lager. Any thoughts comments would be appreciated.

Also just checked gravity after fermenting for 3 1/2 days now and sitting at 2.9/3 %. Does this sound about right. Brewinf at a constant 22 deg C.

Thanks

It will just be a bit thinner and a little more bitter. Brew enhancer contains 50 50 malt and brew sugar, which boosts the abv with no effect on the sweetness, bitterness and body.

You could always add like 100g sweetener with maltodextrin to bring it back up slightly. Not great, but it will cheer it up a bit.

Hi Thanks for reply, can i get maltodextrin sweetener in any kind of form in supermarket

Thanks

Yeah, I use slendasweet or something when I want a little extra sweetness and mouthfeel. Go REALLY light on it though - it's just a tiny boost to the body and the sweetness, not a prominent element of the beer :)

Maltodextrin isn't really very sweet mainly adds body and mouthfeel. Sports supplement shops often sell it as bulk nutrition in large tubs.

The Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 that was recommended for the kit you have contains 250 grams of MaltoDextrin

Here's the recipe for both BKE1 and 2 should you want to make up your own equivalent 1Kg packs...

BKE1
60% Sugar (Dextrose)
40% Maltodextrin

BKE2
50% Sugar (Dextrose)
25% Dry Malt Extract
25% Maltodextrin

:cheers:

RobWalker said:
Yeah, I use slendasweet or something when I want a little extra sweetness and mouthfeel. Go REALLY light on it though - it's just a tiny boost to the body and the sweetness, not a prominent element of the beer :)

Slendasweet is Aspartame based not Maltodextrin

Latest posts

Back