Brewzilla pump operating temperatures

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor2112

Reaction score
Hi. I've searched for this, but bizarrely can't seem to find advice on the safe operating temperatures of the pump in the brewzilla 3.1.1. Can anyone help? I'm planning to use the whirlpool arm, and am wondering how to sanitise, so thinking about running very hot wort through it.

I imagine it's the same as other products.

The grainfather instructions say to do exactly what you are planning on doing - recirculate boiling wort through the CFC to sanitise it.

I can't say for sure if it's a good idea or not as I've only done two brews on mine so far, but I had the exact same thought as you. I couldn't find much info so decided to go with a compromise and sprayed a bit of starsan down mine, then fitted it and waited for the wort to cool to about 85 before running the pump. Nothing has exploded.

Keen to see what others say

No need to sanitise. assuming its clean to begin with. I always run a mashout at 75 degrees which is enough to sanitise. I don't run the pump during the boil as find it blocks the pump and still use the arm for recirculation during cooling and transfer. If I'm using the Brewzilla whirlpool arm I'll sanitise with starsan, pop it in place for the las 15 mins or so of the boil but will only turn on once I've turned off the elements once the boil is over and waited for 30 secons or so for the wort to settle down then start circulating through the whirlpool arm. In the meantime the normal recurculation arm will be washed out in water spraying the water through the arm, then sat in a bucket of starsan ready for the transfer into the fermenter.

Latest posts

Back