Buffalo keeps overheating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andylanc1975

Regular.
Reaction score
Bugger! Doing AG #2 and my buffalo boiler keeps overheating and cutting out so I get a rolling boil for a few minutes, then nothing for a minute, then back on again...

What damage is it doing to the boiler?

And more importantly, will my beer be OK??

:?

you need to disconnect the boil cut out disc, its easy to do on most boilers although I haven't the experience of a Buffalo.
Someone will be along soon that's done it
You have to have a consistent rolling boil for beer making

my buffalo boiler for the last 2 brews has done this with the cutout removed aswell. whilst brewing i had a desk top fan blowing under the bottom of the boiler and this stopped it from happening. so i have cut a few more vents into the bottom plate instead of just the 2 small holes. will see how it goes on the next brewday.

as I've said elsewhere, I've not had any problems with cutting out, just sit the boiler on a 'workmate' and insulated the top of the boiler only, great rooling boil and no problems :!:

Brilliant, thanks for all your responses :thumb: At least I know I haven't got a faulty boiler, will try the fan and more holes route next time.

Latest posts

Back