Busy Forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't know about Jim's site, somehow it just doesn't feel like my sort of place.

I'm afraid you lot are stuck with me though, as I've bid farewell to the Harris forum.

Moley said:
I'm afraid you lot are stuck with me though, as I've bid farewell to the Harris forum.

Well Moley, you mentioned AG brewing on there and I got intrigued.
You also helped no end when I got back in to wine making, so hope its a temporary thing not a permanent farewell

Sean_Mc said:
hope its a temporary thing not a permanent farewell
I will still look in every now and then, just on the offchance that there may be a few new posts, but I've probably posted my last over there, and may even have to think twice about setting foot in their shop again, that's if Forum Admin ever bothers to look in on the forum and sees what I posted.

With work yesterday and racking Thursday, I've only just read your last posts.

Yep, don't think you'd be welcome in the shop :rofl:

Moley said:
I wouldn't know about Jim's site, somehow it just doesn't feel like my sort of place.
I feel more at home on here, Jim's for me has a lot of snobby cardigan wearing no sense of humour beer buffs...
Don't get me wrong, most are great :thumb: but there's a few as mentioned above!!

John

In my opinion this is the best out there, nice and relaxed, you can have a laugh, a bit of **** taking in the nicest way (both ways of course) and you don't get a slap round the head if you say somthing incorrect, or feel like a bad schoolboy. If we all knew everything, there would be no need for forums, we don't. People have opinions that are not the same, it don't make them wrong, viva la difference.
So, admin,mods and users.......thanks :thumb: all I need is here, fun and information !
Bru

Bru4u said:
In my opinion this is the best out there, nice and relaxed, you can have a laugh, a bit of **** taking in the nicest way (both ways of course) and you don't get a slap round the head if you say somthing incorrect, or feel like a bad schoolboy. If we all knew everything, there would be no need for forums, we don't. People have opinions that are not the same, it don't make them wrong, viva la difference.
So, admin,mods and users.......thanks :thumb: all I need is here, fun and information !
Bru
Well said Bru, I'll second that buddy!! :thumb:

Familiar .. like a well worn and darned pair of sea-socks :D
(and I've only been here a couple of months)

I have to know though (not knowing the 'harris place') what did you say moley?

Tony said:
I have to know though (not knowing the 'harris place') what did you say moley?
Ah well, it's been on the cards for a while, but if you look at this thread and pick it up from reply#17 you should get the idea.

Ah that explains a sudden increase in wine members!
Moley has a fan club that he brings along to new forums with him :lol:
Big respect Moley :thumb:
I too find this place as comfortable as old familiar trousers or socks.
Please don't leave this one yet Moley I haven't started to pickle your head yet with all my wifes brewing expectations!

I`ve been here for about 9months and agree that its a great forum - feel totally at home and have learnt loads - its important that we all continue to input for new brewers and members (which everyone does!) to avoid Moley jumping ship at the very least due to lack of posts :cheers:

cheers guys :drink:

Nice to have you here full time Freaky!
I’ve only been on the “Harris” site for 71 posts and found it slow and pedant.
The vainglorious “superior member” tag makes me smile, who wants to be Superior in verbal diarrhoea?

Hi Jim,
You've got me again with the words....
Pedant & vainglorious :wha:

John :thumb:

Moley said:
and pick it up from reply#17 you should get the idea.

That certainly is a case of burning one's bridges :D

Well, your reasoning seems sound - speaking as a complete outsider (that was my first visit to that forum). I hope you've managed to bring some of those women brewers with you! :D

Latest posts

Back