Cancer Research, Long Way Home 2010

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
An update for you.
£941.60

So what did I do to our £1000.00 target? Raised it another £250.00 :)

If you have a Paypal account, Justgiving are now accepting that. So after you've had a little read on here get on there and have a look. The smallest amount you can donate is £2.00. Go one, dare you. 20 people at £2.00 is much better than 20 people thinking "Can't afford £10, £20...." £2.00 will be great. Every little helps. You can even be anonymous :cool:

All the best and thanks again for all your support.
Russ

Hi Russ

How are the funds looking now...?

Any new members who haven't spotted this thread yet (see bottom of every page ;)) it would be great if you could help out our member russt1969 on this worthwhile cause :thumb:

Cheers - Wez

Hi Chaps,

Apologies for not being about much lately. This "Long Way Home 2010" and the dreaded work seem to have taken over my life :shock: shouldn't complain so I'm not going to.......

I've raised the target to £1250 and at the moment we're up to £973.60 so thats 77% of the way there. :party:
The bikes have both had some work done on them so fingers crossed they'll get more MPG. Still no reply from BP or Shell about sponsorship....... Why am I not suprised..... :wha:

On a more Beer oriantated note I've written off to a few breweries about somesort of sponsorship/donation from them so whatch this space :cheers:

Regards for now
Russ

Hi all,

Just to keep you all up to date. We've got our "lift off" date, Saturday 7th August 2010. And our first day is going to be a bum killing one... 348 miles......... Should be fun though. Takes us to Northumberland.

Both bikes have been "played" with. Chris' one has nice new steering head bearings and mine has had the carbs sorted so now I should be getting about 170 miles to the tank.

Donations are up to £986.60 (soooo close :D ) so again many thanks to those who've donated. And again, those who haven't.. You still got plenty of time to save up those copper's. Just giving's website will take £2.00 and upwards so don't be shy and donate £2.00 if you cant afford anymore. You can even do it annonymously. We've had 1 x £2.00 annon already, so thumbs up to them. Whoever they were :)

Thanks again

Take care.
Russ :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope the money keeps coming for you :party: Great Cause :thumb:

Hi all,
Just an update. Nearly had a meeting sorted with the Hairy Bikers, unfortunatly while we're on the trip next year, they are on holiday. Shame, could have been good for us to get some advertising with them.
Apart from that, not much is happening.

Russ

Well, what can I say. Chris and I went for a ride to the New Forest at the beginning of this month. We only made it 60 miles before our back sides were killing us...... Not very good for the trip as our days are going to be between 200 and 300 miles a day. We were going to get our seats re done to make them more comfy but Chris had joked about getting a Pan European ST1100 a few weeks earlier. We'd umm'd and arr'd about it then went for the ride to the New Forest which made our minds up.

I'm picking my Pan European up on Saturday . I've got to go down to Dorset which is 108 miles away. I'll keep you informed about my back side when I return :shock: ......

It's a real shame about the Africa Twins as they are really great bikes to ride. Alot of fun, but I'm sure these "Pans" will be just as much fun if not better. They also have a greater "tank" range than the AT's. 270 miles compared to 170 miles and they've only got 4 more litres in the tanks.

Looking forward to our next ride out on the 1100's.
Russ

What a **** trip down to Dorset. Some looney decided to overturn his van on the M3 so they had to make 3 lanes go into 1........ An hour and a half later we were through, back on 3 lanes.
A lovely ride home and after the 100 odd miles I could have easily gone another 200.
Getting used to the weight of the bike. Just under 300kgs. 46 Stone... So I dont want to drop it. EVER!!!!!!!

Here is the big old girl.
CIMG0493.jpg

Russ

I'm still alive :)
Sorry no updates lately. Been one of those few months. What with work and the weather. Not been good.
Still been able to do a brew here and there so I guess its not been that bad :whistle:

6 months and a few days to go then we're off. Chris has been able to get hold of a Pan European. Trouble is its got a side car attached :rofl:
He's been able to seperate them trouble is he's now got the name Wallace and Grommit :D

12007.jpg

I'll get a photo of both bikes up on here as soon as we get together on them.

Again many thanks for the support this site has given us. The donations are up to nearly £1200 so thats great.
Next on the list is to get out with the buckets and hit some supermarkets. mmmmmm What a way to spend a Saturday!!

All the best

Russ

We've been joined by my mate Mike from Ireland who is going to do the same as us but around North and South Ireland. He's journey will be roughly 2000 miles so between the three of us we'll be covering 8000 miles.

Target has been raised again this time to £1500 which we will hopefully have to raise again.

Many Thanks
Russ

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant great to see the coverage :thumb:

Just to let you know that our new website is up and running. Still a few bits to do here and there but it's looking good for a couple of amatuers.

Have a look http://www.longwayhome2010.co.uk/ let me know if you can think of anything we're not doing right or any other ideas you may have.

While your there why not visit our just giving website and help us to get to our target.

Cheers all

Russ

One week to go and we got another photo shoot for a paper. The Observer on Sunday. About time I put the decals on. Photo shoot on Sunday then home and pack so I can have a rest before the off next Saturday. I can't believe its finally here. All that planning and wow. 5 working days to go... Yippeeeeee

30072010057.jpg

30072010058.jpg

Back