Can't believe how quickly we got through 20 litres of WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Regular.
Reaction score
Filled up a corny to the brim with 14.3% WOW on the 11th march and last night the keg was empty! I had no idea we were that far down the keg ! it's lucky I've got another batch to replace it but I am gonna have to start decanting it into a bottle each time I drink it so I know how much I'm getting through!

I now ferment 25lt batches but it's hard making sure there is enough. So far since January I have made 120lt, and I am now ahead enough to see it mature for a couple of months before being drunk. :pray: But it's surprising how much you go through when your not buying it by the bottle at £5 a time.

I still can't manage having long periods with nothing ready enough to drink and... a watched FV never plops.
I am not a binge drinker
I am not a binge drinker
I am not a binge drinker
I am not a binge drinker...... :lol:

Right up until my back problems got that bad that I had to leave work about eighteen months ago, I regulary drank three or four cans of very strong lager a night. I'd come home from work and crack one open, and within seconds it was gone. It might be something to do with medication but now I hardly drink anything, sometimes going a couple of weeks without one.

I still enjoy brewing and like to supply friends and family but I have yet to enjoy a beer like I did. For various reasons I visited a different doctor last Friday and he decided that a lot of the 'medication' was doing me no good. Over the weekend I went cold turkey and it was the worst few days of my life. Now its Tuesday and I feel ten years younger without the tablets.

As far as drinking goes, it could have been so easy for me to have gone from a social drinker to a dependant one while I was a chef. No more cooking for me.

im a self employed plumber and can only put down the ridiculous amount of wine we got through to being very quiet at the moment only working a couple of days a week means I'm sat about a lot looking at the keg and when the weather is nice it's rude not to sit in the sun with a brew

aneray said:
Right up until my back problems got that bad that I had to leave work about eighteen months ago, I regulary drank three or four cans of very strong lager a night. I'd come home from work and crack one open, and within seconds it was gone. It might be something to do with medication but now I hardly drink anything, sometimes going a couple of weeks without one.

I still enjoy brewing and like to supply friends and family but I have yet to enjoy a beer like I did. For various reasons I visited a different doctor last Friday and he decided that a lot of the 'medication' was doing me no good. Over the weekend I went cold turkey and it was the worst few days of my life. Now its Tuesday and I feel ten years younger without the tablets.

As far as drinking goes, it could have been so easy for me to have gone from a social drinker to a dependant one while I was a chef. No more cooking for me.

Ah mate you have my sympathies.
I was on those Tramadol things when I did mine, they were the only things that came close to stopping the pain, but for me they were like drinking 10 pints off straight away, then after 2 hours I'd get an awful hang over and have to wait 2 hours for the next dose then wey hey off again, bloody awful couple of months that was.

artyb said:
we have just opened a 2yr old wow .. and its excellent.... :party:

The extra ageing does make a difference IMO. It's drinkable after a couple of months, but I'm tending to leave mine for at least six now.

Latest posts

Back