Captain Sir Tom died today.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad news especially as he would have had the vaccine had he not been ill over the last few weeks.

(I was going to post this in the other thread but i think it deserves its own)

Captain Sir Tom Moore has died with coronavirus.

1612291590702.png

The 100-year-old, who raised almost £33m for the NHS, was taken to Bedford Hospital after requiring help with his breathing on Sunday.
His daughter Hannah Ingram-Moore said he had been treated for pneumonia over the past few weeks and last week tested positive for Covid-19.
The Army veteran won the nation's hearts by walking 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday.
In a statement, Capt Sir Tom's daughters Mrs Ingram-Moore and Lucy Teixeira said: "It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our dear father, Captain Sir Tom Moore.
"We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life; Hannah, Benjie and Georgia by his bedside and Lucy on FaceTime.
"We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together.
"The last year of our father's life was nothing short of remarkable. He was rejuvenated and experienced things he'd only ever dreamed of.
"Whilst he'd been in so many hearts for just a short time, he was an incredible father and grandfather, and he will stay alive in our hearts forever."
Capt Sir Tom's daughter said the care he received from the NHS was "extraordinary".
They said staff had been "unfalteringly professional, kind and compassionate and have given us many more years with him than we ever would have imagined".

BBC News.

Last edited:
Not ashamed to say I had a lump in my throat when I heard the news.
One of a kind, they don't make them like him any more.
Rest in peace Sir Tom.

What the man has taught me is: I'm only halfway through my life and it's possible to achieve to the end.

I shouldn't but I will...

I regularly treat people who are towards or even sometimes beyond these years. By the time I am called to see them it is often at a stage where I will do my best but that is too often not enough and perhaps could never be enough. I see people at 100 and beyond and both marvel at their independence and worry about their supposed independence. Each of them leaves their mark and the day I stop caring is the day I should stop doing what I do. For Sir Tom Moore, my and so many of my colleagues thanks, we will remember.

Anna

Latest posts

Back