Abdul Shokoor Ezedi may be dead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
50,963
Reaction score
18,945
Location
Ulverston Cumbria.
Clapham chemical attack suspect Abdul Shokoor Ezedi may be dead after going into the River Thames, police say.

1707501554463.png



The 35-year-old has not been seen since the night of the attack on 31 January, when an alkali substance was thrown over a mother and her two children.
At a press conference on Friday police said their working hypothesis was that he had gone into the water after last being seen at Chelsea Bridge.
No body has been found and officers said one may never be recovered.
At the briefing Metropolitan Police officers said Ezedi could be seen on CCTV "walking with purpose" for four miles to the Thames and said his behaviour changed at Chelsea Bridge.
They said he could be seen to "lean over the railings" of the bridge before CCTV sightings ceased.
Speaking at Scotland Yard, Cmdr Jon Sanell said officers had spent the last 24 hours "meticulously" following CCTV and their "main working hypothesis" was that he had gone into the water.
"We have looked at all of the available cameras and angles, and with the assistance of Transport for London and CCTV from buses that were travelling over the bridge at the relevant time and there is no sighting of him coming off the bridge," he said.

Detective Superintendent Rick Stewart said death was the "most probable outcome" if Ezedi had gone into the water.
From the hundreds of hours of CCTV officers have combed through, it does not look as though Ezedi has been in contact with anyone else, the force said.
The most recent sighting of him remains an image captured on CCTV at about 23:27 GMT on 31 January, crossing Chelsea Bridge.

1707501492133.png


Cmdr Savell said the forces' marine support unit would be searching the river but said experts had warned that if someone had gone into the river it might take some time for them to surface.
He added that police had spoken to a member of Ezedi's family to "break that news".
A manhunt had been ongoing for more than a week, with police raids carried out in the Newcastle area at properties linked to Ezedi on Thursday.
He is wanted on suspicion of attempted murder over the attack, which took place in Lesser Avenue at about 19:25.
The woman, who police revealed had been in a relationship with the suspect, remains sedated in hospital and there are concerns she may lose sight in one eye. Both children, aged eight and three, have been discharged.
Police said their thoughts remained with the mother, who was still "very poorly and unable to speak to police".
The suspect, who is not the father of the children, suffered serious facial injuries in the incident which police had said could be fatal.
Ezedi is an Afghan refugee who came to the UK in a lorry in 2016.
He had his asylum claim rejected twice before he successfully appealed against the Home Office by claiming he had converted to Christianity.
Ezedi was also convicted of two sexual offences in 2018 but was allowed to stay because his crimes did not meet the threshold for deportation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68249835

1707501528104.png
 
I smell Bullsh!t to cover their incompetence
Nuf said

Normally i would agree but with the amount of surveillance cameras in London and the huge burn on his face i dont see how he could have stayed hidden for so long.


1707502292540.png
 
I smell Bullsh!t to cover their incompetence
Nuf said

They are saying his credit and debit cards haven't been used since the attack and they have so much cctv from fixed cameras and dash cams he couldn't have simply disappeared, let's hope he turns up somewhere so those he attacked can get on with the rest of their lives with no fear he will return.
 
Back
Top