Cascade Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
Here's what i have mashing today :cool:
4.5 kg Maris Otter
250g black malt
500g roasted barley
250g chocolate
Ph 5.2

55g cascade 6.8% 60 mins
30g fuggles 4.1% 15 mins

Fermenting with us-05

Na i didn't have all the ingredients, anyway it's better to wait til you perfect it and copy you :cool: Then anybody that calls to the house i'll give them a bottle and say this is (MY) attempt at Guinness :lol: :lol:

:lol:

it's no longer an attempt at Guinness, cos it's tastes much better than Guinness :D

have a good brewday anyways mate... i'm off to the garage now to fire up the liquor tank ;)

I like the look of that grain bill :grin: do you think the cascades as a bittering hop will give it a nice sharp finish?

Have a good brew AT :cool:

i've got everything but the chocolate malt in stock.... dammit :(

will have to get some in when i pick up my irish ale yeast next week ;)

I had a nightmare of a stuck mash :( and after all that when the boil finished i turned off the extractor fan and it ****** about half a pint of water back into my beer :twisted: i've just turned on the boil for another 10 mins to be sure

Yea stuck mashes can be a pain alright, worth get some oat husks they work like a dream

I've recently had an American cask imperial stout with masses of aroma hops I think were cascade. Sounds totally alien to me but it tasted the business, absolutely amazing :clap:

I could be tempted to put a strong cascade stout away for Christmas to go with my 9.9% trappist style ale :shock: between them I should be almost guaranteed to spend the entire stupid season in glorious ****** oblivion :x

Yea the hed doesn't last long :oops: Funny enough i had a bottle of the coffee stout i made months ago last night, it also had no flaked barley and the head was very impressive. The coffee stout itself was rotten :evil:

Latest posts

Back