CBA Beer Festival/Competiton - Skipton - 18th Sept 2010

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great result Franklin .

I missed that one :oops: I spent quite a bit of time sniffing around the Belgian beer and strong dark beers tables.

Ian Priddy's Imperial stout was the business, The ammarilo Wheat that had been entered in the belgian section was also a class act, (although I think it had been entered in the wrong class as it was very Brewdog).

Well done to Dunfie, who came away with a couple of rosettes, your King Robert IPA is a class act, its on my brewlist & it was nice to share a few :drink: with you.

My entry had some very good comments, but was spoilt by me buggering it up when I bottled it (I hate Bottling) however I think 42 out of 60 for my first attempt at a comp is not bad.

I met some great people this weekend and am already looking forward to next year, the national is great & going really opens your eyes to what great & Unusual beers are out there. I tried a belgian acid beer that was only fit for putting on my fish and chips, but it was too style, a rasberry Wit that was like drinking fresh raspberries a really good drink Winner of peoples choice as well I think.

I also had a great laugh with the Malt Miller, top bloke and great prices, well recommended.

Here's to next year, I now have to work out what to brew.

UP

Who were you then Unclepumble? I had no idea that so many of us forum users were actually going to be there.
:)

Franklin said:
Who were you then Unclepumble? I had no idea that so many of us forum users were actually going to be there.
:)

I was the Big bloke, with a Black Nike rugby top on with a white collar, I was helping to put the late entries out in the morning, Then generally making a nuisance of myself the rest of the day.

I don't know if I bumped into you or not to be honest, it got a bit bleary towards the end :drunk: There were some very powerful belgians on offer ;)

UP

That would be you who put my beers out for me first thing in the morning when you'd pretty much filled the Belgian / Speciality Tables.
****!! :D If that was you, I had a black T'shirt / White writing with:
303&
303&
808&
909&
PCF

Was back later with the wife and I had a Olive green US Army style jacket on, with SLR Camera.

Franklin said:
That would be you who put my beers out for me first thing in the morning when you'd pretty much filled the Belgian / Speciality Tables.
****!! :D If that was you, I had a black T'shirt / White writing with:
303&
303&
808&
909&
PCF

Was back later with the wife and I had a Olive green US Army style jacket on, with SLR Camera.

The T shirt rings a bell, I think I know who you are, The NCB are having a get together at The Bar T`hat Ilkley on october 30th, I'll be going to that I think, & I think Barnsley brewer and Highwayman might be showing their faces too, You should come to that as its only up the road from you.

UP

aye, up the road and over the hill, Ilkley isn't far.
I might well do :) Are these pubs open to the idea of members bringing along home brew for tasters??

Thanks Eric btw.

Well done Franklin :clap: I don't think I tried your beer - there were so many to get around.

I had a great time with Unclepumble - we sank a good few beers on the friday and then spent yesterday afternoon comparing notes with conversations like "Have you tried that IPA over there - hurray up and get some as its dissapearing fast!". :lol:

I managed to get 2nd in the Regional and 3rd in the IPA class. That sounds better than it actually was as I used the same beer for both categories. :whistle: I should have added some caramel and slipped it into the Strong Dark Ales too just to see how I go on. :lol:

What a great weekend. The Northern Craft Brewers put on a fantastic event.

PS, I also won a prize in the Raffle. :cheers:

Well Done Guy's :thumb: Next year I shall put all efforts into going and sending up some good beers!

one or two shots of the event here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/Franklin/sets ... 001927388/

Back