Central heating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbloke

Regular.
Reaction score
T'missus won't put the heating on so I've just fired up the waterbath again for my demis.
I notice various web forums and newspaper letters pages are also doing the annual "when to switch on the heating" thing.
Is yours on yet?

Nope and it won't be on at all which mean lighting the fire every morning at xmas thank god for uni :D

i have a wireless thermostat sits on the landing, or the coldest room in winter
best thing i ever bought
it is on ALL year, and obviously if it is bloody cold it fires the boiler up

not been on much for last few months

it sits on the landing as if it gets cold upstairs the kids wont be

in the depths of winter it goes in the play room as that has no radiator, so if that is at temp the rest of the hose must be cosy

Mine is controlled by a digistat and as yet hasn't been on as the house has not been cooler than 21C. I think it is best to maintain the warmth of the house rather than let it get too cool. Keep it at 18 most of the time.

Mine is off at present and will stay off for some time. Like GN I tend to simply throw on a warm top.

Will have to try it at some time just in case, also really need to flush a radiator out, just so it is more efficent.

To warm DJ's I use a heat pad to stand them on, have found that it doesn't need to be on continuously. I use a timer that can have 8 settings a day. So it tends to be on for one hour and oiff for two. Works well.

No, mine will stay off until I wake up on a few mornings, get out of bed.... and then dive back in.

Either that or the wife tells me to turn it on :oops:

Not on yet (or for a while)

Digistat set at 16 Degrees, and it will not kick in before it drops below that, thats should keep the brews happy... but not SWMBO (she's already complaining its cold) bought her a new coat which she did not find very amusing :D

nope.. my rule is no heating until at least 1st November.. the hubby caved in first last year and asked if we can break the rule as HE'S cold!! wimp!!! :roll:

Latest posts

Back