Brewzilla gen 4 - wi-fi not connecting & "The specified device is not a RAPT BrewZilla"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterpiper

Reaction score
New BZ g4. First couldn't get past wi-fi setup screen, now RAPT portal says "The specified device is not a RAPT BrewZilla" so wont register it.

Has anyone else had issues, and managed to sort them?

Prompt to register fills most of display, making it almost impossible to use the BZ - for a brew planned this weekend!

When I try to connect (phone) to BZ WAP, (phone) sees the BZ wi-fi "KegLand RAPT 5ce4", but is unable to connect.
I've now tried from three different Android devices, and a Windows10 PC, without any luck.
The BZ manual says "Your device should automatically open a browser to the KegLand RAPT Access Portal",
but I don't see that.

After initial attempt and entering password, network details shown are "Disconnected / No internet access.

Real pain the poor BZ/ kegland documentation. Scanning QR code on RAPT thermometer, lists a kegland pdf address, but just opens kegland.com.au homepage.
Get the impression they may have good hardware, but c### software.

{edit} 6 hours later, & after some phone calls.
When attempting WI-FI setup from Window, it did open browser page MSN (rather than opening the KegLand RAPT Access Portal).
Then opening connection properties info, it includes: IPv4 DNS servers: 172.217.28.1
If quick, entering172.217.28.1 in the browser address opened BZ portal page with:
Options:
MANUAL CONNECT
Add (hidden) SSID
OR CHOOSE A NETWORK

{list of visible networks} – select your home network from list.

That bit's now worked!

Then tried registering BZ in Rapt app (having already logged into new account).

Went through the all the steps listed, including deleting previous registration (even though never previously registered), it accepts the MAC and validation code (if wrong code given it wont procced), but around 20seconds after confirming entered name, wait message is replaced by error message saying "The specified device is not a RAPT BrewZilla".
Same trying via RAPT web portal. BZ power off a few times, and Bluetooth unpaired but no change.

I'd ordered a BZ gen 4, it looks like a BZ gen4, and the diagnostics say "Brewzilla model P1". So what is it, other than 8 hours of wasted time???
And that's just trying to turn it on, not all the unpacking & assembly.

Box says "RAPT connected", but then it also says "BREWING MADE EASY"!
If they made it hard, I dread to think how long things would take.

Surely the thing should default to permitting manual operation, and not be unusable without registration as a smart device. A thing that some people probably don't want anyway.

Attachments

• IMG-20231103-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20231103-WA0002.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20231103-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20231103-WA0001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I had the same problem registering my device..."The specified device is not a RAPT BrewZilla".
Eventially realized that the firmware of my newly purchased Brewzilla Gen 4 was outdated. I updated it and was able to register without any further issues. Just finished my forst brew with my new machine.

I had the same problem registering my device..."The specified device is not a RAPT BrewZilla".
Eventially realized that the firmware of my newly purchased Brewzilla Gen 4 was outdated. I updated it and was able to register without any further issues. Just finished my forst brew with my new machine.
Thanks Ro.
Registration worked the following day. I put it down to just having a single device logged onto my RAPT portal this time, though an automatic firmware update in the meantime could have been the reason (my manual check update, had claimed firmware was already up to date).

Latest posts

Back