Cerveza hop addition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alikav

Regular.
Reaction score
Im currently brewing a Wilkos Cervesa, and its bubbling away very nicely.
I was wondering if anyone had done a dry hop addition to this kit, and if so what hops would you recommend..... Or is this kit ok without any hops added?

Hiya
On a forum recommendation I added 50g of saaz on about day 10. It's worked out really nice,tasty and refreshing...in fact I'll nip and get one to be sure....

Cheers

Clint

its really a sazz hop beer but really you can make it anything to your taste as its pretty bland as a standard kit,myself id go Amarillo/cascade done it like that and bottled it was the dogs,for me that is maybe not you

Thanks, was actually thinking about saaz. Just ordered some.
Do you think 2 weeks ferment in primary, with dry hop for last 3-4 days would be ok?

Thanks, was actually thinking about saaz. Just ordered some.
Do you think 2 weeks ferment in primary, with dry hop for last 3-4 days would be ok?

Oh, yes. Saaz is a good choice with what is in all honesty, a slightly bland kit like this.

I'm nearing the two week mark of a coopers cerveza which I've brewed for the mrs. and guests and I'm planning on adding saaz too. I was thinking 25g dry hopped for 3 days and then adding 25g hop tea when priming.

Reasons for this is the dry hop is supposed to fade over time whereas the hop tea will remain more like an aroma addition. This should give the best of both worlds (if it works). I'll let you know how I get on.

I've used sun dried limes that a friend gave me. I boiled it for 20 mins then added it to the FV but it didn't come through. I'm of a mind just to add fresh lime to the beer when I'm drinking it. You could try adding lime cordial to the FV and it will bump up your ABV into the bargain or even try priming a couple of bottles with lime cordial and see how it goes.

I'm nearing the two week mark of a coopers cerveza which I've brewed for the mrs. and guests and I'm planning on adding saaz too. I was thinking 25g dry hopped for 3 days and then adding 25g hop tea when priming.

Reasons for this is the dry hop is supposed to fade over time whereas the hop tea will remain more like an aroma addition. This should give the best of both worlds (if it works). I'll let you know how I get on.
Will do, I'm actually brewing this for the wife too!!! Not a lager man but will obviously have a few,...in the interest of research you understand??!!!

I've used sun dried limes that a friend gave me. I boiled it for 20 mins then added it to the FV but it didn't come through. I'm of a mind just to add fresh lime to the beer when I'm drinking it. You could try adding lime cordial to the FV and it will bump up your ABV into the bargain or even try priming a couple of bottles with lime cordial and see how it goes.

Yes prime a few bottles good idea, thanks

Absolutely ;-) I'm on your level man! The things we have to do in the line of duty (hic)

I hop t'd an IPA with citra simcoe and mosaic,. Fantastic

That sounds like an awesome combo

I'm doing one with citra and simcoe soon - can't wait! :-p

It certainly is just enjoying one or three now! Sierra nevada........?? Similar mmmmmmm!

Back