Cheapest PET bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackR

Reaction score
Afternoon, I was wondering if anyone knew where the cheapest place I can get plastic 500ml bottles from is. The going rate for Cooper's is £9.50 for 20, is there anywhere cheaper?

Go to Home Bargains, they sell 12 bottles of 500ml water for £2.00

Robbo said:
Go to Home Bargains, they sell 12 bottles of 500ml water for £2.00

That'd mean that lager would need to be stored in a dark place constantly.
They'd need to be brown

I store all my wines and beers in cupboards and wardrobes.....the clear pet bottles work Ok for me.

The sparkling water comes in handy 500ml green bottles also, if thats any better for you. :thumb:

makebeerbehappy said:
My LBHS in Glasgow sells 24x500ml coopers for £7.95. Cheapest I've seen anywhere.

Of course, there is delivery on top of that unless which gets cheaper the more you spend (It's free after a certain amount I think)

Thanks a lot for that link mate.
Just ordered 48 and it only cost me a couple of quid more than tesco, and at least I know I'll actually get them.

I don't agree with Stapsin,

I wouldn't and don't store bottles upside down. If you leave them right way up then the trub/yeast will settle to the bottom of the bottle making the pouring easy and it will also solidify on the bottom if given time to mature. It is not difficult to pour your pint and leave just a small amount in the bottom of the bottle including the yeast, I like to do this over a shiny surface so I can easily track the progress of the yeast towards th neck of the bottle.

You can also grow on this yeast to create another starter for the next brew if you want to.

LeithR said:
I don't agree with Stapsin,

I wouldn't and don't store bottles upside down. If you leave them right way up then the trub/yeast will settle to the bottom of the bottle making the pouring easy and it will also solidify on the bottom if given time to mature. It is not difficult to pour your pint and leave just a small amount in the bottom of the bottle including the yeast, I like to do this over a shiny surface so I can easily track the progress of the yeast towards th neck of the bottle.

You can also grow on this yeast to create another starter for the next brew if you want to.

I haven't said anything you don't agree with? If you leave the bottles upside down then the trub does settle in the top just as it settles in the bottom if you store them the normal way. Its a fact. Personally I don't use the pet bottles I keg/bottle in glass and have never had a problem with clarity. It was merely a suggestion of an alternative way to do things and one which I know quite a few people use.

Back