Cheapest sugar ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken L

Landlord.
Reaction score
Of all places, the cheapest place I've found for sugar at the moment is Waitrose in Birmingham city centre.
It's £1.05 per KG but they are running a 3 for 2 offer so that's 70p per kilo.
If any of you have access to less central branches, it may be even cheaper.

Can anyone do better?

I was in a super store earlier

they had giant sacks of sugar must be 10 kilo or more

not sure exactly of the weight as I was in a hurry

but it was a big sack .....

the sack was only a fiver

if I had space in my granny trolley I would have got it
I nearly put the cat litter back to make space lol

checked the website...

looks like 5kg sack @ 85p per kilo

your offer is cheaper :thumb:

I get mine from CostCo... about 60p per kilo, I think, but I have to buy 25kg at a time.

Not that I'm struggling to get through that much sugar...

I was in Costco on Sunday, 5kg bags were 77p/kg IIRC, the 25*1kg pack was cheaper (58 rings a bell) but that's a lot of sugar in one go for my scale of brewing.
Both cheaper than the local Morrison's. Haji C&C might be worth checking next time I'm in Rochdale.

I have a question about sugar. I'm currently doing some wilko's kits as my first go at home brew and obviously they sell brewing sugar for there kits, but do you have to use brewing sugar or can you use ordinary stuff you would put in your tea/coffee or sprinkle on your cornflakes ?

You can use normal granulated. Brewing sugar should be glucose which the yeast will make from granulated anyway. It's better but a lot more expensive to use glucose.

Back