Chips and Fish

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Get em while you can, Putin just ripped up a treaty signed in 1956 which allowed our trawlers to fish Russian waters, Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree that bans UK fishing boats from entering Russian waters, disrupting fishing rights that have been in place since 1956.

I think we will be OK -

1708785063315.png

I was surprised to see how many tonnes we take out of the Barents sea will it mean we overfish the other places when the ban starts?

I think we will be OK -

View attachment 96103
Just to be clear - that's double-counting. The Russians and Norwegians have a joint fisheries commission, which in 2024 assigned a quota of 453,427 tonnes for the whole of the Barents Sea, of which 212,124 tonnes (47%) was assigned to Norway. Countries other than Russia and Norway are allocated 14.15% - so 64,000 tonnes from the Barents Sea, shared between all third-party countries.

For comparison, the UK imports about 100,000t of cod per year - and we are not the only country that likes to eat it.

Just to be clear - that's double-counting. The Russians and Norwegians have a joint fisheries commission, which in 2024 assigned a quota of 453,427 tonnes for the whole of the Barents Sea, of which 212,124 tonnes (47%) was assigned to Norway. Countries other than Russia and Norway are allocated 14.15% - so 64,000 tonnes from the Barents Sea, shared between all third-party countries.

For comparison, the UK imports about 100,000t of cod per year - and we are not the only country that likes to eat it.
Do we think Russia sticks to fishing quotas? Can't trust them with political prisoners ,wouldn't trust them as far as i could throw a fish

Latest posts

Back