Cider and perry brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry McCullow

Reaction score
Hi,
Just a little history - I have been brewing cider for the last three years and perry for one year after making some of my own equipment. It's become an obsession very quickly.
Last summer I processed approx 110 kilos of apples - all collected from people who have apple trees but don't want the fruit. Its amazing how many there are! The apple VARIETY is so huge that its difficult to get a consistant taste in my cider. However I have been quite successful with recipients (i. e. the donors) liking the bottled product.

My question is - I ran out of bottles so put 10 litres of cider in a pressure barrel. Will it ruin the cider if I now transfer the barrel contents (a carbonated cider) into bottles?

Harry

My question is - I ran out of bottles so put 10 litres of cider in a pressure barrel. Will it ruin the cider if I now transfer the barrel contents (a carbonated cider) into bottles?
Welcome to the forum Harry.

I don't make cider but cannot see a problem as long as you use bottles designed to hold pressure, i am sure cider makers will be able to advise when they read this.

Back