Cider Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padnic

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a good cider kit to make, I did make the Youngs Brewbuddy kit but I really did not like it, it had a very bad aftertaste for my liking. Not sure if it was because I used normal household granulated sugar or what but I can't see it making much difference. I alse tried turbo cider but it just tasted like vinegar in the end.

I have looked at the Magnums cider kit and also one from New Zealand which I can't remember the name of, has anyone made any of these or can reccomend a good one?

Thanks, Paddy.

I can't really recommend a kit as I don't make them, but one tip I would pass on is to use apple juice in place of the sugar and some of the water used to make the kit up . . . if the apple juice you use has 100g of sugar in 1L use 10L to replace the 1Kg of sugar . . . any supermarket juice will do as long as its 100% apple juice from concentrate with no additives

Cheers Aleman, thanks for the advice, I will definately try the apple juice tip, it didn't occur to me you could do that to replace the sugar!

Aleman said:
I can't really recommend a kit as I don't make them, but one tip I would pass on is to use apple juice in place of the sugar and some of the water used to make the kit up . . . if the apple juice you use has 100g of sugar in 1L use 10L to replace the 1Kg of sugar . . . any supermarket juice will do as long as its 100% apple juice from concentrate with no additives
Interesting tip Ive got a Youngs Cider Kit sitting under the Christmas Tree it would be interesting to hear from any one thats tried the Apple juice tip....Al]

Id recomend a magnums strawberry kit, just had my first bottle which has been sat in th fridge for a few days the rest sat in cooler box filled with ice packs which will be drank on xmas. Gotta say its an easy kit and tastest great, a tad dry but its full of fizz with a lovely starberry after taste. :cheers:

Back