cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgan21

Reaction score
as i am a newbe to cider makeing has anyone any tips to inprove my cider.

That rather depends on what you're doing at the moment. How are you making your cider now?

at the moment i am brewin strewberry cider in a 5 gallon brewing ballel it coming up to 14 days now and it will be ready for bottlein soon

any advice would be great

chris

ive also forgot to take my Starting Gravity is there any way i could find out the % of my cider.

morgan21 said:
at the moment i am brewin strewberry cider in a 5 gallon brewing ballel it coming up to 14 days now and it will be ready for bottlein soon

chris
Most Supermarket AJs are around the 1044 mark, but we still need to know exactly what you did!
Saying you made strawberry cider in a 5gal bucket is a tad uninformative. :wha:

morgan21 said:

chris
Is it one of those Magnum kits? I've still got a strawberry cider kit in the cupboard that I've yet to make. You could try a Turbo Cider (TC) there's many versions of it on this forum, just do a search, my best was blueberry cider using tesco apple juice and blueberrys mashed up in it with a bit of pectalase and tannin chucked in for good measure.

morgan21 said:
ive also forgot to take my Starting Gravity is there any way i could find out the % of my cider.
You can drink it until you fall over, then the next night drink vodka until you fall over, there must be some way of estimating the % from that :rofl:

yer it a Magnum kit (strawberry cider) my finishing og was 1.000 but i didnt do a starting one any help pleasssseeee

Chris,
It looks as though you have already made the kit up. What exactly are you asking for?

Back