Cider!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peapodmaster

Regular.
Reaction score
Just starting making my first batch of cider made from apples. luckily my next door neighbour has two apples trees so i was able to get 22 pounds of apples. i then chopped up the apples and used a weights bar with 15kg of weights on the end and smashed it up. i then blended the little bits to make them even smaller and squeezed and squashed them through a old white top which i had. i was then able to get 4.5 litres of juice out of it and have chucked it in a 5litre fermentation bucket with a campden tablet. now leaving it till tomorrow where i'll add my sugar, nutrient and yeast. i hope this turns out well for me as it is my first go!

Cheers

Andy.

Umm i'm not sure. my neighbour gave them to me. he doesn't know either. came off a tree that was there before he bought the place. they came out quite sour though :/. but the apple wine itself isn't half bad (it turned into wine because i had too much sugar in it! haha)

Latest posts

Back