citra hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuggitmv

Regular.
Reaction score
going to do a citra pale ale today but not used them before is it a little gose a long way or can you go a bit heavy with them

was thinking

30g Columbus copper hop

50g late

50g flame out

Check out the % Alpha Acids, it should be on the pack. Mine were 14.5% which is real high so if used for bittering it is indeed a little goes a long way and I think you'd only need 20-30g for that (Assuming a standard 23ltr batch). Not so sure for aroma tbh although I would imagine it would be similar. I think in general, you only use Citra if you like a really strongly hopped beer so I like your current plan :)

You could try and use a recipe generator and play around with the amounts and when to add them and see what it does to the results

ok thanks for your help may tone it down just a wee bit not to much mind :lol: love the sound of the super intense Citra and Elderflower Spring Pale Ale sounds a winner in my book :thumb:

A lot is good, as long as you put them in very late, so as not to ramp up the bittering beyond what you want, obviously. So last 5 mins and/or steep, plus dry hop.

Latest posts

Back