Clearing pineapple TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Portreath

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just put a pineapple and apple juice TC on. The Juices are Sainsbury's Apple Juice, and Sainsbuy's pineapple juice, both from concentrate. The pineapple was a little cloudy, so I'm not sure if this will be a clear cider. Has anyone had a success clearing a TC with added murky juice?
Apple and pineapple I've not tried in a cider, but I'm looking forward to trying this one in a few months.

I make pineapple TC regular in fact just bottled 8 ltrs today. Mine doesn't totally clear but is fine by me, it's pineapple after all.
Straight apple TC=crystal clear.
Pineapple or grapefruit TC= cloudy.
Apple+lowitz TC= crystal clear.
I do add half TSP of pectolase to cloudy juice TC to aid clearing.

I've thought about doing a pineapple one but never got round to it, maybe next one ( got 6 on go just now),
Tbh I wouldn't worry about clearing it, just have as cloudy?
Or you could try finings in it?
Let us know how it turns out

15515488506715415121183345702134.jpg

Hey, that's a good looking stash you have there. Only have 3 DJs, now each are busy at work on TCs

Off to Bookers (local cash and carry) to get stock for next week. Just noticed that they have there own brand @ £5.99 for a box of 6 1ltr cartons. I might pick one up and give it a go. Have to go out and buy more DJs too:laugh8:

Just looked in my brew room and the apple and pineapple is going mental, foaming out of the airlock and there are big lumps of debris billowing around the DJ like a bloody snow globe. ashock1 I think this is going to be a very interesting TC. None of my apple or apple and mixed fruit have blown out like this as I do leave a fair bit of head space in the DJ. Think I'm going to do a 10 ltr batch of this and put it in one of my 20ltr buckets. athumb..

Latest posts

Back