Climate change.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
urgent news - apparently a group of MPs have had a trip to Barbados cancelled, where they were due to study the impacts of climate change, as they are needed for the commons vote tonight. How will the planet survive without this vital work from our loyal public servants ?

What's really depressing is that the BBC actually reported this with a straight face.

The ruling classes are simply laughing at the hoi polloi.

Sunday has been declared the warmest Christmas Eve in the UK since 1997.
Temperatures hit** 15.3C in Heathrow, west London, and Cippenham in Slough, the Met Office said.
There had been speculation it could be the warmest 24 December ever but that record remains consigned to 1931 - when 15.5C was recorded in Aberdeen and Banff in Scotland.
But the unseasonably mild weather lays the groundwork for what could be the hottest Christmas Day since 2016.

Well I agree that 15.5C is warm for December but use of the word hottest? Hot to me is 25c+

** Temperatures reached is a less sensationalist description, just as temperatures plummeted to -2 is inappropriate.

I suppose if this is the level of article required to engage joe public we get what we deserve.

It's the first year I can remember when we haven't had the fire or central heating on, bring on global warming I can spend the money saved on buying more beer ;)

It's the first year I can remember when we haven't had the fire or central heating on, bring on global warming I can spend the money saved on buying more beer ;)
winners and losers chippy, wink... Im my case I can't get a cold beer from the shed I have to put them in the fridge this year and Mrs DOJ always eyeballs me when Im heading for the fridge with a number of beers :(

My log burner is on now...coz it's miserable outside.
DOJ...that reminds me..I must nip to the shed before it gets dark as there's bound to be dogs eggs hiding out there!

Spare a thought for the people in the flooded areas of Northern Germany, not much reporting of that here. Warmer air holds more moisture = more rain. It's generally flat and many inland rivers' flood defences are soaked close to destruction.

Down here in Bucks I'm sure we had rain on and off since mid-October. Not many torrential downpours but often just steady. Round the corner there's a huge puddle more or less permanently, next to a building site, so won't be fixed until ??? Pedestrians pass at their peril! Everything outside is soaking wet, slabs and bricks turning green, just glad I had the roof fixed over the last year, and I'm up hill.

I don't cycle on wet roads/cycle paths, I hate cleaning the bike. I've struggled to get my bike miles in from November onwards. I've been out twice since the 20th December :(. Either just as the surfaces are drying a heavy downpour or it just dries up around 4-5 pm and too late to go out for a spin. I've not seen much Sun in the last 6 weeks so VIT D required from other sources.

I don't cycle on wet roads/cycle paths, I hate cleaning the bike. I've struggled to get my bike miles in from November onwards. I've been out twice since the 20th December :(. Either just as the surfaces are drying a heavy downpour or it just dries up around 4-5 pm and too late to go out for a spin. I've not seen much Sun in the last 6 weeks so VIT D required from other sources.
My last ride was early October !
Normally go out twice a week but every time I planned to go out it started raining.
Wondering when I get out next. Still windy and grey clouds in the sky ....

I commute cycle to work 3-4 times a week still, it's been unpleasantly windy this last month, apart from one hill it's a fairly flat route and I average around 14-15mph both ways. Going home recently into the prevailing wind I've averaged only 10mph!!

Latest posts

Back