cloudy juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muggy

Reaction score
in a rush in tesco. bought 2 litres of cawston press apple and rhubard cloudy juice also tesco pure apple. will i be able to clear this one with pectolase and later finings. also my sg was around 980 so i added more sugar until my hydrometer 1.100. was this the right thing to do.

If you're making a wine - I don't see why not.
I'm going to be kicking off a cider when I get round to it with the same cawston juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in a rush in tesco. bought 2 litres of cawston press apple and rhubard cloudy juice also tesco pure apple. will i be able to clear this one with pectolase and later finings. also my sg was around 980 so i added more sugar until my hydrometer 1.100. was this the right thing to do.

Suggest you add pectolase at the start.

I have used cloudy juice in the past with no problem, pectolase is not to aid clearing it is to stop a pectin haze developing and as Vinotinto said it should be added at the start. :thumb:

If you add 1tsp pectolase per gallon right at the start you'll get crystal clear wine no matter how cloudy the juice. I know - I've done it myself with every juice under the sun!

yes i added pectolase at the start this time. hopefully all goes well. thanks all

Latest posts

Back