CML,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd never heard of this company before Friday, and placed an order yesterday....main reason was the free postage regardless of order size 👍. Only wanted a couple of items. I saw this thread this morning and was happy to see such positive feedback. I've not long had a great personal message from them letting me know my stuff is on the way. Will definitely be using them again.

Had hops from them and some funny emails. Didn't realise they had a yeast range, are they repackaged yeasts?

I don’t know for sure but I always use the CML Five whenever I would have usually used SO5, CML four instead of SO4 etc. with excellent results. And I love their Pia for an American Pale Ale.

I don’t know for sure but I always use the CML Five whenever I would have usually used SO5, CML four instead of SO4 etc. with excellent results. And I love their Pia for an American Pale Ale.
Having a doh! moment... I hadn't twigged to the link between SO5 and five 🤔. I'm using The Firm in my latest brew but yes, Five is a good all round yeast for pale ales, I should really try Pia.

Beoir has become my default for Milds, and Stouts. Gretel I would say is on a par with other dried yeasts suitable for Weissbier although I would say that FM Cloves and Banana or Wyeast 3068 (both liquid yeast) are better but not sure if it is worth the premium, and for a quick batch of Weissbier Gretel has given great results.

The dried Voss is well Voss, it ferments out fairly cleanly and ridiculously quickly and is great for the summer. I presume all of the yeasts are repackaged but they tend to be very reasonably priced and I have never had an issue with any of them.

Didn't realise they had a yeast range, are they repackaged yeasts?
Well yes in the sense that they don't make the yeast themselves but in my experience I'd guess they were blends maybe? Certainly CML 5, although it does the same job as US-05, doesn't seem to behave the same way.

Latest posts

Back