Co2 expectations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattN

Regular.
Reaction score
Evening all

I started to use corny kegs about a year ago and the Co2 tank that I bought is 6.5kg. It has forced carbed and dispensed 21 kegs before it has just expired. Is this roughly what is to be expected?

Also, can anyone recommend a Co2 supplier in the Bolton/ Wigan/ Leigh area that will refill the tank that I bought last year.

Regards

Matt

21 kegs sounds very good. You might find it difficult to get a supplier to fill a bottle that doesn't belong to them. You will also need to ensure it has an in date test before they would fill it. If you are having issues then take a look at gasuk, you buy the gas and pay a deposit on the bottle, the deposit is fully refunded if returned within a year and the reduction after this is very small. They also offer free delivery and collection. I have only used them once but it arrived quickly and no issues.

Thank you for the info xozzx, I will have a look at gasuk.

Cheers

Matt

Try and find a local Energas. I pay under 15 pounds for a 7.2KG with no deposit and as many bottles as you want. Having a spare is very handy.

Latest posts

Back