CO2 Gas Cylinders

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad_Idea_Beers

Bad Idea Beers
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First of all apologies for the question as I know it must get asked all the time.

I am looking into building a Keezer and all the parts seem easy enough to obtain and put together apart from the gas!

Finding a CO2 Gas Cylinder in my local area that I can buy so is rent free and that will do re-fills is becoming really annoying. I must have looked everywhere but everything seems to be in the midlands or up north.

I live in Welwyn Garden City and work in Milton Keynes so anywhere in Hertfordshire or near MK would be great.

Does anyone on here know or could they recommend any local companies?

Thanks
Mark

Hi everyone,

First of all apologies for the question as I know it must get asked all the time.

I am looking into building a Keezer and all the parts seem easy enough to obtain and put together apart from the gas!

Finding a CO2 Gas Cylinder in my local area that I can buy so is rent free and that will do re-fills is becoming really annoying. I must have looked everywhere but everything seems to be in the midlands or up north.

I live in Welwyn Garden City and work in Milton Keynes so anywhere in Hertfordshire or near MK would be great.

Thanks
Mark
Think you will be in the catchment area for air liquids Swindon 50 mile rad from their depot? Many use them on here and I believe a pub size CO2 cylinder is around £15 there is a link on here somewhere,there you go,hope they are close enough to you
http://www.aldd.co.uk/

Thanks for the reply and information. Unfortunately I live about 100 miles away so may not be able to get it from them. Worth a call though.

Thanks everyone. So I emailed air liquids and they deliver to my area! :)

Can not believe how cheap it is. As you said before they quoted £15 ish for delivery of a full 6kg canister no rent, no deposit. When it needs refilling they come out and exchange it for £15! Unbelievable.

Thanks everyone. So I emailed air liquids and they deliver to my area! :)

Can not believe how cheap it is. As you said before they quoted £15 ish for delivery of a full 6kg canister no rent, no deposit. When it needs refilling they come out and exchange it for £15! Unbelievable.
So out of interest what depot is delivering and to what area,roughly how many miles?

My area is £56 for new customer, getting returning is just £25 for gas no delivery though just collection.

I live near MK and found my closest was an air liquid place called Compton Garden Centre just off M1 at Leagrave. I think about £42 pub size cylinder and deposit. He does loads of pubs and brewers.

Hi everyone,

Thanks
Mark

Unfortunately the closet to you seems to be Enfield.
Here is a list for the UK http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/where-to-get-co2-cannisters-and-refills.4612/

I've just had a quote for a place near me. £40 deposit, £9.96 for the gas. Seems canny enough to me.

Latest posts

Back