CO2 help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get my 6kg cylinders from my local pub suppliers- no rental, and £12 refill, from memory... I'll know for sure later, as I've left two cylinders at the pub today to refill... They're called The Bubble Boys, iirc...

I’m new to using CO2, just bought 3 cornies. Adam’s gas has a distributor not too far so that’s an option. However I’ve seen this posting for sale, seller says he has 2 full bottles of Co2, £35 each, he’s not sure or the size but says they are about 3 feet in height. He says it’s the black ones in the photos.

can someone with more knowledge than me advice if I should consider getting this, or am I better off renting

Attachments

• B275A446-367A-4003-B1E5-2861202B56B4.png
    B275A446-367A-4003-B1E5-2861202B56B4.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 40
I would guess they are 6kg bottles. You may have an issue when you come to get a refill as most companies will only refill/exchange their own cylinders.

3ft in height would probably be 6.35kg. A fill on that is going to be roughly £20-25. Bearing in mind a lot of companies will not fill an unknown cylinder, I'd steer clear. Once you've used the gas, you might find the cylinder is only good for scrap.

Either offer the cost of a refill (£20 ish) or make sure you have a company nearby that'll fill unknown cylinders.

That was my worry getting them refilled. The outside looks like some rusting guessing that wouldn’t affect the inside? I’m struggling to find places that refill locally on the internet, other than through Adam’s gas, might give the local place a cal tomorrow to see if they would refill

Latest posts

Back