CO2 prices...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had an update from BOC and CO2 is to go up £0.44 per kilo.All I can say is I'm not surprised but the rate of everything around us going up in price is surely going to put the stoppers on a few things for a lot of us.
Here is the mail I got today.
Dear Customer

I am writing to advise you that with the positive agreement between the Government and CF Fertilisers to continue production of carbon dioxide (CO2) at its Billingham plant, this will come with a substantial cost increase to BOC to purchase the raw material. To maintain customer supplies it is therefore necessary to introduce a temporary surcharge of £440 per tonne which equates to 44p per kilogram. This will be applied to all orders of cylinders containing CO2 effective Monday 18th October 2021.

The Billingham plant is a considerable source of CO2 for BOC and the broader UK and Ireland market. This facility continuing production is a significant positive step in securing the ongoing availability of CO2. However, while natural gas prices remain high this will have an impact on the cost of CO2 increasing it substantially.

This surcharge will be in addition to any previous surcharges and will appear under “Environment and Energy Surcharge” on your invoice. Please be aware that this surcharge will not cover all the extra costs BOC is incurring during this unprecedented situation. We endeavour to minimise the impact of costs rises to our customers and this situation will be reviewed regularly.

I would like to assure you that we are doing everything within our control to manage the situation and are making every effort to prevent any disruption to supplies. BOC regrets having to take this action and the inconvenience that this may cause you.

Kind Regards​

Latest posts

Back