Co2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonboypeace

Reaction score
Good evening iam 1 week into brewing 2 lovely looking brews the brews went from the brewing kettle into the fermenting tub.its been a week of the perfect sound of bubbling ahah . listening to other brewers they then second ferment which I kind of get then they keg it or bottle it if I was to carbonate with sugar is it best to put it in the fermenter or put it in the keg or don't use a second fermenter and use the keg as a second fermenter iam a bit confused which is the best way I also have bottles of co2 thank you for reading you must be bored by now lol

I guess it depends on what equipment you have, if you have CO2 bottle and keg do you have regulator, fridge, tap, gas and beer lines to serve? I dont do bottle conditioning anymore I prefer to control the pressue using CO2 bottle and regulator.

You can use sugar solution and bottle fill or keg but do you have means to control pressure in the keg, its one thing to have a bottle bomb but if you miscalculate in a keg thats dangerous, do you have a spunding valve to maintain stable pressure?

For bottling, you ideally need a bottling bucket to separate the beer from trub then add the sugar solution or tabs into the bottle also you will need a bottling wand too in order to control the fill into the bottle.

So after you have had your brew in the primary fermenter you put the brew straight into your keg and use co2 ? If so wot kind of pressure do you keep and how long roughly my king kegs have pressure gauge and valves on its just I have heard that some still use sugar solution to carbohydrate the beer then when serving just to top the pressure up with co2

yep, I will force carbonate it at about 30 PSI for about 3-5 days depending on how desperate I am to drink it :beer1: then release pressure and set at serving pressure (psi depends on style). Just try to ensure when filling you leave about 1 litre of headspace dont fill kegs to the brim you need some pressure on top to help carbonate

Latest posts

Back