Coffee anyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your way behind the times Gaspode, Peckham, not Shoreditch is the new happening, hipster de rigueur place for the fashionable beard about town to be drinking deconstructed coffees*

*I'm not actually joking, just google Franks bar peckham or bussey building peckham and you can find all the plaid shirts you'd ever want to

Scary thing for me is exactly how LITTLE coffee there is.

In most village Bars in France, that amount of coffee comes in at €1.20 (90p) a cup.

Brilliant stuff that makes your teeth curl! :thumb: :thumb:

Gott im Himmel! If I got served that, I'd pour it all over him and make his beard all matted!!

Your way behind the times Gaspode, Peckham, not Shoreditch is the new happening, hipster de rigueur place for the fashionable beard about town to be drinking deconstructed coffees*

*I'm not actually joking, just google Franks bar peckham or bussey building peckham and you can find all the plaid shirts you'd ever want to

That is something special, we are clearly a long way behind the times down here in Devon. The big thing at the minute seems to be artisan bakeries which are springing up at a rate of knots. We have a few of those opening in old warehouses.

Good for breakfast though, all you can eat toast for £2.50. You just have to cut the bread yourself and toast it yourself. No plates just a cut off bit of old plank to eat off. That's about as hip as we get

They're loving this on the coffee forum I joined to chat to their mods about raffles

If I buy raffle tickets and win three glasses of varied deconstructed coffee. Well....I don't know what I'm gonna do.

tumblr_inline_ms27h22BZX1qz4rgp.png

I've noticed geterbrewed's facebook page header has a deconstructed glass of beer. I definately wouldn't be happy if I got served that in a hipster pub

Being totally honest whilst I wouldn't personally buy one (I'm an old fashioned black coffee, one sugar type - oh sorry forget 'Americano') if my local coffee shop started selling it, it wouldn't cause me a rant ................................ if I don't like it, I won't buy it simple as that. I just can't work out why someone would want to buy one they have to make/construct themselves when you can get one thats already made for you. To each their own I guess! If they day every comes when I ask for a skinny choca-mocha latte please feel free to call the men in the white coats to take me away to a darkened room though!

I can still remember when going to a cafe that tea arrived in a pot with 2 teabags and another pot of hot water, and milk, and if you asked for a coffee it would be a choice of Mellow birds or Nescafe.

What next? Chew a coffee bean while they give you 4cc of caffeine straight into your jugular?
Caffeine_Injection-5.jpg

Being an old fart I am proud to say I have only ever had a coffee in a shop where when asked for a cup of coffee thats what you got!

Have you ever had chocolate covered coffee beans? I bought some in portobello market once. It was a bit like main lining caffine (not that I've ever tried it of course)

Yes I have, and went through a whole packet when I drove the landrover I bought in Wolverhampton all the way up to Aberdeen overnight.:eek:

Problem was a lot of the small garages closed in those times to had to carry extra petrol in cans when I did fill up. Made it ok, with only a failed sidelight. :)

On the subject of coffee and changing times, back in the 80's I asked for a coffee in a cafe and was asked "Milk or cream with that sir?"

I asked for milk and it came with the usual tiny jug. The only problem was that in the jug was the dreaded "Skimmed Milk". :doh: :doh:

I called the waiter back and said "I'm sorry, but I don't like Skimmed Milk, could I have some ordinary milk please?"

"I'm sorry about that sir, but you will get used to it." was the reply accompanied by a huge smile.

I didn't say anything, just looked at him and saw his smile slowly fade away. After a few seconds he said "I'll just nip round to the Co-op next door and get some for you."

As he dashed out of the door to fetch the milk my good lady accused me of upsetting the waiter; and all I'd done was look at him!:whistle:

To add insult to injury, the coffee was as weak as the proverbial cat pee and still cost over a quid! :oops::oops:

PS

I don't like to be controversial, but has anyone else noticed that the women with the biggest backsides are the ones that use Skimmed Milk? I think it must be the milk that causes it! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I love coffee, but would ask for 2 thirds off the price as only would want the expresso.

Back