Come on own up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Ok, so i have a fear of spiders, yes yes yes i know i am a tart.
Come on , own up if you have a fear or dread of anything, not just animals.
I knew someone some time ago who was petrified of moths and he would stand there shreiking. Another guy whom i used to fish with was scared of snakes, really scared, big time. He would spend the day looking around him for any snakes that might just appear, little wonder he never caught any fish:lol: Another guy who sometimes fished with us just couldn't stand the sight of blood. One day we were gutting some trout back at our lodge whilst on our fishing holidays and he had to go outside due to the blood and guts going everywhere:lol:

Heights....!!!

I never used to be scared of heights, in fact as a kid, I got a thrill from climbing trees etc. But now if I get above 30 feet my palms get sweaty and my stomach turns. Even watching the idiots on YouTube who climb cranes and tall buildings without any harnesses etc makes me feel sick with sweaty palms!!!

Jas

Tax returns scare the **** out of me.

It's not that I'm doing anything wrong, it is just the fear of filling it in wrong. Fortunately I haven't had to do one for ages. Same goes for any large form that is more of a booklet on your life. Things such as where was your previous address, and the one before that, and how long did you live there with the exact dates you moved. These are not things I need to remember on a daily basis. :-?

Mines a bit of an odd one, but i'm petrified of kites. They're fine when they're on the ground or in a packet or whatever. Its just when they're being flown. It makes me very tense and puts me into a proper fight or flight mode. I've been known to run from an area where people are flying kites in a bit of a panic.

Mines a bit of an odd one, but i'm petrified of kites. They're fine when they're on the ground or in a packet or whatever. Its just when they're being flown. It makes me very tense and puts me into a proper fight or flight mode. I've been known to run from an area where people are flying kites in a bit of a panic.

We had a dog who was scared of them, God knows why :lol:

Biggest one for me has to be needles / injections as well as medical / hospital stuff generally.

Been going through some aversion therapy over the last year or so, think I'm getting a little better though the second to last blood test I had at the GPs I nearly feinted but the weirdly the one after that I was fine even though I felt more apprehensive to start with and the nurse missed a vein on the first attempt. There is no reasoning to it.

Wish I could just man up about it all though.

nelson-haha.jpg

Sorry.

I have never heard of anyone being frightened of kites but it would seem its a lot more common than i thought it would be.

I really can't cope with blood, if I ever have to go to A & E its a nightmare. I sit there waiting my turn and every time the door opens I daren't look in case they're dripping with blood! I was once given the first aiders table on my 1st day in a new job, all was well until half way through the morning when this guy came running up screaming for help with blood pumping from his hand :-o , horrified I just yelled at him to find someone else !! Strangely though I'm now trying to overcome my fear by making myself watch the fantastic vet Noel Fitzpatrick perform such brilliant operations on animals.That man is an absolute genius.

2 for me. I really really freak if birds are flapping close by - birds in general terrify me let alone all that flapping carry-on! And i certainly can't go near Trafalgar Square! The other is sponges - but only when they are left in cold water and go slimy - then my flesh creeps! If they are dry no problem.

Horses for me.

Missus laughs at me. Saw one last weekend and I crossed the road.

They're easily spooked, a bit dumb, have metal feet and killed superman.

Man has won over nations using them.

Never had a bad experience, but I suppose I'm irrationally wary of them.

Blood is a common one, known as a veno vegal reaction. It's like a fight, flight or play dead kind of thing. The enemy or preadator would discount you because you already look dead. That's one theory anyway,and I think somewhere like 15% of the population have this, so your not alone.

However,

There are sheep that faint if you spook them. The shepherd breeds one into the flock, so when the flock see a predator and panic. Said sheepie faints and is left behind for the predator.

YouTube has hundreds of videos of this.

Unless your scared of sheep.

gnats. they bite my fat back in the night (during summer mostly):lol:

Heights.

It's the last few years I can't get more than 5 foot off the floor without wanting to be sick, never used to bother me. I used to install crane rails in steel works and and in big factory's, some times 100s of feet up and never bothered with a safety harness.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back