Commercial beers and their claims…

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well these big commercial breweries have marketing budgets of billions of pounds per year...so on the big commercial scale it is just a marketing exercise. Apparently Madri was a collab brew between Molson Coors and the newly taken over by Molson Coors Spanish Sagri brewery...so I can only speculate that the collab was probably not a 50/50 collab and Molson Coors rocked up with a recipe closely resembling Coors Lite and made some minor tweaks sufficient enough to justify a re-brand. Anyway it seems to have paid off since it is by far the best selling beer down my local outselling all their decent cask beers several times over.

The most ludicrous claim made by Brewdog is not that they are 'Punk', but they claim they are Carbon negative. A case of greenwashing if ever I saw one. I actually quite like Brewdog, I still think some of their beers are pretty decent, but their marketing does push it a bit for an old cynic like me.

I actually quite like Brewdog, I still think some of their beers are pretty decent
I don't. I've had a few, and they are all overly bitter and I just don't like them. IMO they have a much better marketing department than a brewing department :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back