• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Complete starter kit (equipment) needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheers me dears

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am lookinig to start brewing beer at home, on a fairly tight budget, after some research. So now need to gather some kit. I have no equipment at all so will need a full kit. I would also be interested in individual items, additional barrel and brew bucket etc. Must be fairly near to CB58HL
We would need to consider current situation as regards restrictions on travel and contact so might not be able to pick up immediately.
Please let me know if you have anything and we can take it from there.
Price/s by negotiation
Many thanks for reading this add.

You can brew as big or as small as you like. I do 10 to 12 liter batches. Smaller simplifies equipment and allows you to brew more often.

If you have never done this before you can order one of the one gallon starter kits a lot of shops sell.

If you want to start off with a basic canned kit, which I would do, you'll need a thirty or so liter bucket with lid, long spoon, pot for boiling five liters of water, sanitizer, bottles, caps, and a capper. Lid for bucket needs to be drilled for a grommet or stopper to put an airlock in.

All this can be bought individually. Getting a full kit these days may be difficult.

Hi, I will be starting with a two can kit/s then one can kit/s and if these go well I will then think of being a bit more adventurous, But with regards to equipment full kits are pretty much out of stock everwhere, even so I have a very tight budget so looking for second hand to get started with.

Cheapest you're going to get starting out is one gallon brew in a bag (BIAB) .

Isn't a lot of beer at one time but it's a good way to learn the basics without the chance of dumping 23 liters down the drain. Kilo of dried malt extract, 7 grams of hops, quarter pack of yeast, and you're making beer. Malt extract is more expensive than grain but saves mashing time. Extract is where most of us started out.

Couple extract batches then you can do all-grain BIAB with the same equipment.

Back