conditioning ale in polypin?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazypara3165

Regular.
Reaction score
Just picked up a tesco coopers australian pale kit to use with the beer engines ofer summer and wanted to know the best way to condition it. I know I dont prime it until a few days before using with the beer engine but will it be ok in a polypin until then if I get it started this week?

I find with Polypins the storage is temperature related. I have a nice :wha: cool garage sitting at about 8° so I:
Ferment out at about 20° for 4 days then up to 22° for 3 days.
Rack into 2nd bucket and let sit on garage floor for a week at said 8°ish
Then I rack the clear beer into polypin.
Usually a want the beer as soon as it is ready so I always prime when I transfer from 2nd to polypin, however I had a poker night a few weeks back and I had 4 pins on tap, the oldest was primed and then stored at 5°ish for three weeks then 4 days before the event I took it up to 18° for 3 days till conditioning was evedent then cooled to serving temp.

Oh, I still have one pin untouched sitting in the garage so that's 6 weeks and intend putting that on the hand pump this weekend. So that's 7 weeks since primed.

Having said all that I think I would hold of priming if I knew it was going to be 6 weeks especially now the garage is warming up; it is at 10° now :whistle:

Cheers! Im planning on having them in the carboys for around four weeks and then transferring to the polypin for 2 months.

Latest posts

Back