Cooking wine from homebrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesw

Reaction score
Hi All,

Fairly new here but a reader for a while, but I was interested, do any of you use your homemade wine as cooking wine?

Generally recipes call for a glass or 250ml of wine etc, which is less than a bottle, I was thinking of using small bottles to have as cooking wine. Anyone got any ideas or experience of this? :hmm:

(the reason for using little bottles is so you dont have to open a while bottle and have it go off)

I bet most people will say their wine is too precious/good to cook with, which I get, but surely price wise, its better to use homebrew than shop bought.

Yes indeed. I have been brewing on and off for more time than i care to mention but i only relatively recently discovered the joys of wine from supermarket fruit juice. This led me to much ongoing experimentation some of which works well, some less so. The not so good experiments go into cooking and that seems to work quite well. You can use a standard bottle if you get yourself a vacuum stopper rather than use small bottles. :cheers:

This type of thing;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GA3KCE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back