Coopers Brewmaster India Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dronnybrewer

Reaction score
Hello all. Just purchased this online. It will be my second brew and decided to go for a pale ale. It advised to brew with 1kg brewing sugar and 500 grams spraymelt light which I have purchased. Any views on this kit. Is it easy enough for a novice like me? Any tips to add anything else?

Hi Dronnybrewer
I've not done that one but as a general word of encouragement yes, just about any kit is easy enough for a complete beginner. Just make sure you sanitize everything properly at each stage. You'll likely also have to wait longer for it to finish fermenting than the instructions predict.
As for additions, the default advice is to brew any kit for the first time 'straight' so that you have a benchmark to compare with later tweaked versions. And you never know, the un-tweaked first-time brew might just be perfect for you.
If you have two fermenting buckets you could split the wort and add to one half but not the other; that way you halve the risk of doing something that might end up spoiling the whole batch for you, and it will give you a comparison.
Hopefully someone more familiar with this kit will post something more definitive. Good luck with the brew mate.

Back