Coopers Irish Stout slow ferment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank950

Reaction score
Got this stout kit going on Sat nite and the ferment started pretty rapid and by Sun morn it was flat out.Now it has slowed right down but is still going, i am a little concerned though.The wort is stable at 21c in a water bath.I hope this will be ok and there is nothing wrong.I used a 1.5kg can of coopers LME , this was my first stout kit and i did not want to experiment to much.I have read that this sometimes happens and there is nothing to worry about. :?:

mickthetrick said:
i would check a sample with the hydrometer. you will see how the gravity is. maybe its being a fast ferment. has being known
The hydrometer reading is showing 1.020,so it has a bit to go yet..the bottling FG for this should be around 1.006 or so the instructions suggest..its tasting pretty good...

I've also got a Coopers Irish Stout on the go, its been steady at 21 degrees in my fermenting fridge for about a week and a half, and down to 0.012. I used 500g Muntons extra dark malt extract, and 400g of Coopers Beer kit enhancer 2.

I'm about to buy some new seals for my KK, once fitted it will be going in tonight!

Latest posts

Back