Coopers pale ale fermenting question.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AircooledAdam

Reaction score
I used a coopers pale ale kit with 500g light spray malt and 300g sugar. SG was 1040. Chucked it together on 18th feb. The next morning it was bubbling as usual. I Checked it this morning as it wasn't bubbling and it read 1010. This evening I've checked and its started carbonating and i got a reading of 1010 then it went to 1030 and stayed there. I put this down to the bubbles. Should it be carbonating this soon and will I be ok to keg now?

It's too soon to keg in my opinion. Leave it until next weekend at least, the yeast has not finished its job, and you also want the beer to clear before you keg. Putting it somewhere cold next weekend for two or three days would help to clear the beer further.

Ok thank you. I wouldn't normally consider putting in the keg/bottle so early, but I fell into the airlock not bubbling trap lol.
I done my first all grain brew on Saturday, so this coopers is taking a back seat!

Latest posts

Back