Cornelius keg o-ring lubricant in uk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabloxprt

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am using my cornys without the lube and noticed that the o rings on poppets and lid are starting to crack. I bought a new set of o-rings and thinking of getting food graded lubricant called petrolgel as it is the stuff people recomend on youtube. Theres only one seller on ebay in uk selling it. Is there no other cheaper substitute made in uk that would do the job? What do you use in order to have good lubrication ;-) on your o-rings of course :D

I use KY Jelly as a lubricant and as an additional sealant on my gas lines where they meet the JG fittings. Food safe and cheap!

springtime said:
Vaseline :wha:

NO! It's petroleum based.

Use KY Jelly. It's water based, food/human safe and cheap as chips.

K

Deadly serious. I use it all the time.

Craig tube recommends it as do a lot of other sites. Have a look around.

Pay £10 for "keg lube" if you want.

K

Kev...you have no shame....walking into chemist and asking for KY Jelly ! what would your mother say ?..... :D :D

then the machine gets stuck and you have to call for an assistant who comes along and pick up your tube and shouts across to her supervisor...
" How much is KY jelly for this gentleman ! "

he hee

Who said it wasn't safe?

I'm talking about flavour and the oily film it puts into your beer.

K

Brewedout said:
Vaseline not safe, what about the millions who smear it on their lips each winter?

I think what Kev means is that Vaseline is petrol based and therefore WILL rot your seals whereas Organic based Petrolgel and water based KY and Aquagel will not :D .

On a cornie there's a far greater chance of it ending up in your beer than a pressure barrel where the threads are on the outside of the barrel.

That's why I reckon Vaseline has been recommended for those vessels.

K

Latest posts

Back