Cornie Keg setup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup always have 4 on tap. Two clean and ready to fill or filled ready to go on tap when a keg is kicked. Plus I have an extra duff keg that is always full of star San for purging out clean sterilised kegs as I always do a pressure transfer with co2 so it’s A1 no oxygen beer.

View attachment 21568
Amazing set up. Do you have your kegs in a fridge.

Another BrewKegTap recommendation, I went for the premium kit with flow control taps just because shiny! Premium Kegerator Kit (2 kegs)

Got a drip tray from them too.

More or less put mine together at the weekend:
View attachment 21574
View attachment 21575

Eventually going to get some more Cornies from here: A (Three Pack) Fully Refurbished Second Hand Corny Keg (19lt Ball Lock) Grade A - The Homebrew Company

And also plan to add a third tap with this kit: Corny Keg Expansion Kit

Now have my first brew carbonating athumb..
I love that setup! Was it daily easy to drill through the fridge door and attach the taps?

I love that setup! Was it daily easy to drill through the fridge door and attach the taps?

Thanks.

It was pretty straight forward once I'd decided where I wanted everything to go and got it marked up. Just used a centre punch to make a mark on the metal at the point where I wanted to drill through and to stop the drill wandering then went through it with a 22mm hole saw Abracs Holesaw 22mm
You need a suitable arbor for the saw too. It was surprising how deep the insulation was on the back before I made it through to the plastic on the inside but easy enough to go through that with the hole saw too.

The shanks are fractionally bigger than 22mm so wouldn't go through straight away but a little deburring / widening of the holes with a Dremel soon had it sorted. There wasn't much to spare on the length of the shank once it was through but getting the back nut on and tightening it down squashed the plastic and insulation enough so I then had enough exposed to get the John Guest fitting on. Once the shank is on the tap can simply be fitted to it by screwing on the collar. You can get special tap wrenches to tighten this down, the collar has holes in it to which a spanner with a peg would go but I just used a couple of centre punches to tighten it.

I'm not averse to a bit of DIY but I'd say it was pretty easy to do.

Latest posts

Back