Cornie Stuff

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy off Norm you'll get disconnects with the kegs.

Then its how you decide to gas them, so you'll need co2 in which ever method you chose
Norm's gas cylinders are small converted fire extinguisher bottle, which I found a bit pricey imho. Worth while pricing up a supplier near you. Also you'll need gas line and a regulator

For dispensing you'll need beer line and a tap of some sorts, I started with a party tap which connects straight to the keg, but their a bugger to get the psi at the correct level and not serve just foam :D

You'll also have to think about how you are going to cool your corny's. I built a keggerator, however you can serve at shed/garage temp if you don't want to do that, the only problem is that the beer might get a bit warm over the summer months.

I didn't have the room for a kegerator or anything and initially got by using damp towels over the cornie which helped but it was still warmer beer than I would have liked. I ended up buying a flash chiller so I can now store all of my kegs at room temperature and still serve the beer nice and cool without taking a huge chunk of kitchen space up with a fridge. :)

Sean_Mc said:
For dispensing you'll need beer line and a tap of some sorts, I started with a party tap which connects straight to the keg, but their a bugger to get the psi at the correct level and not serve just foam :D
I'll agree with that, mine was a waste of money.
BB

I'm thinking about camping and using a party tap, might experiment lengthening the tap hose and put a couple of feet of 5/8th line, should calm the foam down a little :wha:

I think you'll find that a couple of feet of 5/8th line is useless, far too wide. I use about 6ft of 3/16th line on my party tap and it's perfect. :)

party taps are pretty **** - go for a dalec flow control - they come up on ebay cehaper than usual sometimes

Sorry for the slow reply but router/modem went down on tuesday only just got back on line.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Cornies will have to wait a while had an expensive week :(

Back