Corny keg and bottle fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprocker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm looking for ideas for a fridge/freezer conversion.
Ideally to fit 2 x 19L Corny kegs and around 40 x 500ml bottles.
Has anyone done a conversion to a chest freezer or upright fridge/freezer?
I don't have heaps of space so looking to keep it as compact as possible.

If you want to minimize horizontal space used up, then certainly a fridge will be best. I use a fridge as a kegerator. I need to fit taps, but gas comes in throught the drain hole. Can actually squeeze in 4 of the new slim AEB or Kegland Kegs.
I use this for my colder beers so don't need temp control, but could easily be set to 12C with use of an inkbird for cellar temperature beers.
Before I got Nukataps (yet to be fitter), I had great results with party taps, and they're much cheeper, so no conversion needed, which is great. Not bad for £40 off FB Marketplace.
20220723_075256.jpg

If you want to minimize horizontal space used up, then certainly a fridge will be best. I use a fridge as a kegerator. I need to fit taps, but gas comes in throught the drain hole. Can actually squeeze in 4 of the new slim AEB or Kegland Kegs.
I use this for my colder beers so don't need temp control, but could easily be set to 12C with use of an inkbird for cellar temperature beers.
Before I got Nukataps (yet to be fitter), I had great results with party taps, and they're much cheeper, so no conversion needed, which is great. Not bad for £40 off FB Marketplace.
View attachment 72107
Thankyou. That's exactly what I had in mind!
I can only find upright fridge/freezers at the moment though. I'm wondering if I could use an Inkbird controller on the freezer part.

Thankyou. That's exactly what I had in mind!
I can only find upright fridge/freezers at the moment though. I'm wondering if I could use an Inkbird controller on the freezer part.
My understanding is that the two compartments aren't usually independantly controlled, so I think that may not work. That said, if you were to need extra freezer space, you could just plug it in normally and then you're good to go. In hindsight, I probably should have done similar as I needed extra freezer space for my hops and currys! The only problem was when they came up for sale, the fridge part was always smaller than I wanted, and I wanted the fridge on top of freezer, which seems not to exist for ones where the freezer is much smaller than the fridge.
I had to wait a month or so for the fridge shown to come up on FB marketplace, but it was worth it, and I did have a very small search radius when searching for it.

If you want to use a freezer as a kegerator, then a chest freezer is your only option. Upright freezers have shelves (which are the freezy bits) which cannot be removed. I am using an under counter larder fridge (no ice box) which is also fitted out as a spare fermentation chamber. (It was my original fermfridge until I acquired a taller one)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back