corny keg fizzy beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmickey

Reaction score
Hi ima noob keg user and have have had my brew in a corny cor a week at about 20 psi.

Im dispensing through a party tap at about aroun 3 psi but im getting just froth from the keg. The regulator hasnt got many grads onit

Is it the party tap or am i doing summut wrong.

Mm

I haven't used cornys but from my understanding you need a certain level of resistance in the beer line. The reason for this is you don't want to have a large pressure difference between the beer and the atmosphere at the tap. Using thinner gage beer line and/or a longer length of beer line should fix the issue. Hopefully someone more experienced will be along to help you out more than I can.

Been there, done that.......

Most party taps come with 3/8" hose attached. What you need, or what I did was convert my tap to use 3/16" hose. This will reduce serving pressure by about ~2psi per foot.

I use 6' of this hose and keep the corny at ~14-15psi (after the first 36 hours at ~30psi to force carb). No more pints of foam.

You'll need x2 John Guest 3/8" to 3/16" adapters and a length of 3/16" hose. Got mine from the Malt Miller as part of a bulk order I was putting in to save on carriage.

Also.... this may help....

There's a bit of a technique required in using the tap (at least mine). I wrongly thought pressing the tap as lightly as possible would create minimum foam - wrong logic :-/ Just touching it puts a head on the beer, push it fully down to minimise foam.

Good luck :drink:

Thanks a lot. I'll get some adapters. So a step down adapter on a short piece of the original pipe, then 6ft of 3/16ths pipe and the the party tap.

Latest posts

Back