Corny keg woes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymoz-70

Reaction score
Well just getting back to brewing after long time work commitments (yawn lol). Just got a corny keg off a freind what's been sat in his garage for donkeys years. Fitted new disconnects seals poppets and pressure relief valve. As well as new posts too. Tried to pressure it up today after sanitising and the new pressure relief valve leaks from both the tiny holes. Constant hissing! Messed about with it no joy. For a first time keg user is this just bad luck and my new prv valve is a dud. Any tips would be welcome in general. Many thanks

Well just getting back to brewing after long time work commitments (yawn lol). Just got a corny keg off a freind what's been sat in his garage for donkeys years. Fitted new disconnects seals poppets and pressure relief valve. As well as new posts too. Tried to pressure it up today after sanitising and the new pressure relief valve leaks from both the tiny holes. Constant hissing! Messed about with it no joy. For a first time keg user is this just bad luck and my new prv valve is a dud. Any tips would be welcome in general. Many thanks
Do you still have the old one to try

I take it you have made sure the sealing face at the bottom of the threaded hole is clean? Its not corroded down there is it? Sounds like its failing at that sealing face. Could you try a little petroleum jelly on there?

buddsy

Hi guys. Cant see any corrosion in the sealing face. Put vaseline inside as well as seals.And turned it all ways but no joy. So ordered a new lid which should be here tomorrow. I'll keep the old one for back up as planning to get at least 3 cornies going in time. Cheers for the replies guys :). Will let ya know how i get on!

Latest posts

Back