curacao orange peel - dried?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Where can I get some? Is it essential for a blue moon clone ( could I use any different fresh orange peel?) Brew have some but £3 plus almost the same for delivery is a bit much - but if I have to I will :D

Seville Orange peel is interchangeable with Curacao. It's not exactly the same, but it's perfectly serviceable. I use it in witbier, and my latest brew tastes as near as dammit to hoegaarden.

Cheers eddie - so just fresh orange peel then ? How much did you use per say 23litre brew ? I enjoy the orange flavour but don't want to over do it !
:cheers:

I've done a hoegaarden clone and used 20g of grated orange zest and 20g of crushed corriander seed. Could have got away with more I reckon.

Tasted really good and didn't overpower, this was a 25l brew :thumb:

Can you just get bog standard oranges then or do they have to be Seville, we only ever buy tangerines :lol:

Get unwaxed oranges if you can, & the best tip is pick them up and smell them if they don't smell orangey don't buy them.

Take the peel off and dry then use. ( I suppose you could just chuck the fresh zest straight in)

That goes for all oranges by the way, if they don't smell orangey they wont taste very orangey.

or you could try here 1kg 13euros

UP

Back