Decisions decisions.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the burco boiler. Really can't fault it, I have not made any modifications. It's brewing 2 or 3 time's a month the last 5 or more years

I used Burco boilers for decades. When I wanted to replace one of them I discovered that they'd didn't boil any more- just raised the water to about 98C and kept it there. You need to check this before buying.
I went over to gas at that stage and used my remaining Burco for heating the mash and sparge water. Never looked back. Gas brings the beer to the boil much more quickly.

I used Burco boilers for decades. When I wanted to replace one of them I discovered that they'd didn't boil any more- just raised the water to about 98C and kept it there. You need to check this before buying.
I went over to gas at that stage and used my remaining Burco for heating the mash and sparge water. Never looked back. Gas brings the beer to the boil much more quickly.

Aye, the cheaper one does go to 100C so that should be fine =)

Yea, went for the cheaper one and bought a recipe kit from brew.co.uk (vanilla porter) Bit strapped for much else tbh at this time. But will be going for 4 brews in a fortnite. Can't wait to get my hands stuck in tbh. Not that I am moaning about our sponsor B2B. But since this pandemic started, extract brews have been a nuisance to get across the board from all suppliers. I no longer have that problem xD

Ok, I found this to cut out alot due to the thermostat safety feature. Do I just use this thing really for sparging and buy another boiler for the mash or???? Cheers for thoughts.

After searching the forum and doing a bit of googling around. It would seem that a mash bag for sparging would cure the problem. I just ran the boiler for cleaning purposes and there is no cut out. So, that means that the sparge bag I used it building up heat to make the boiler cut out. Might as well get a hops screen while i am at it then too. Too many bags to throw away makes me an unhappy chappy. I did dig the pizza tray idea though. That might just do the trick while I wait for the mash bag to arrive =)

Latest posts

Back