delete account

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldbloke said:
morethanworts said:
I for one just invariably click on 'Active Topics' when I visit the forum, so I get to see the most interesting (active) topics across the board, regardless of the original sub-forum in which they were posted. [It would be interesting to know how many others do the same, as opposed to bookmarking specific sub-forums where they prefer to hang out.]

I always hit 'new posts' and then look at the ones I'm interested in or may be able to usefully contribute to
If I'd hit 'new posts' one last time before going to bed on Thursday Mick might still be here, sigh.

And me, being a mod I believe that's the right thing to do, but I followed the same pattern before I became a mod. "New posts" covers every post since you last visited. I might choose not to read say wine related ones as I never make wine but if I see one such post has become several paged long my natural curiosity takes over and I may then read it.

bobsbeer said:
As for the commercial bashing, I make no apologies for bashing, Fosters, Carling, Coors, Bud etc. I think they are **** beers. Hence I never buy them, and unless the world ran dry of all other types of beer I would never drink them. If that makes me a snob, then I'm a snob and proud of it.

Somewhere along the way the discussion turned to 'all commercial beers are rubbish' which obviously isn't the case and I'd be surprised if there is any evidence of this on the forum.

As I've recently moved from kits to BIAB my recent AGs are not as good as my best kits.

falafael said:
Time for a sample of Captain morgan Spiced!

Look, just coz Morrison's have it on offer...
Bacardi Oakheart is right next to it on the shelf and only about a quid a litre more.

LOL, tescos have it on offer, a litre bottle was £15, as was Smirnoff vodka for a litre, so got 2 of those!!
As for the oakheart, i have that already, and its a very nice smooth drink!
:thumb: :thumb:

falafael said:
LOL, tescos have it on offer, a litre bottle was £15, as was Smirnoff vodka for a litre, so got 2 of those!!
As for the oakheart, i have that already, and its a very nice smooth drink!
:thumb: :thumb:

ooo that's cheaper than Morrison's, but not after petrol costs to nearest Tesco (10 miles)

falafael said:
evanvine said:
If you're happy with merely achieving commercial ale standard,I pity you!

You know, some things on this topic annoy me, but you lot just don't get it, the reason mick left is exactly what you and vossy are doing, dissing russ!!

If russ like his beer let the guy enjoy his fecking beer, he's happy, why do u have to pull him or any other kit brewers down a peg!
It makes me laff, i see it on here as well what mick refers too, it seems the majority of the AG brewers have their thumb up their ****, as if somehow AG is the dogs!

And believe me, it is not the dogs, i have had some AG over the years, and to be honest, what some people called lovely and a great drink, is what i have thrown away as a kit brewer cos it tasted of ****!

So, please stop this senseless ****, if people want to brew kits, AG or wine or TC or spirits, let them, they do it cos they want too, as mick points out, some people dont have the money, or just can't be arsed with it!

And as for commercial ale, well, i don't see many pubs etc closing, cos everyone is drinking AG, so that just goes to show me, taht home brewing is only a niche thing.

I go to a pub and drink whats on offer, i certainly dont have my head up my ****, and walk out, because i am deluded by the fact that i think i can brew 'better' like some people seem to think!
Rant over
Live and let live

great post to the point/ i like it . :cheers:

read with interest all this ...

I started with the kits for beer and I wont be going any further....costs and time are the problem and it would mean that I would just drink more .....

It seems to some that Beer/Wine making is an art form and they are very protective over it...at the end of the day its a hobby to 95% of people here and people get passionate about it...I see the same on shooting and fishing forums.....
As said already ...to me each to their own....makes alcohol get ******...happy days

I also do Moleys WOW's but I am now moving onto making the wine out of fresh fruits....just put a peach wine on and also got 8kg of strawberrys to use aswell so that will be going on....

can this post be left to die a natural death.......please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back