Difference between Brewferm kits?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essexjim

Essex Jim
Reaction score
In particular the difference between the Triple, Diablo, and Grand Cru?

I'm planning on brewing these kits one after another using Wyeast 3522 Belgian Strong Ale Yeast instead of the dry kit yeast (I assume Brewferm use the same yeast for those kits).

So, given the yeast is the same, what's the difference between the three?

From what I can tell they're the same beer with different names.

No they all taste different to be fair, I've just bottled my triple so it'll be a while before I get to taste it, it's a very light coloured ale. My favourite of those I've brewed is probably the Grand Cru, very typically Belgian aroma and mouthfeel it's lovely. My diablo got infected so I poured it away that was a sad day a few weeks ago. I've got Abdij bottled 6 months, lush dark nutty silky ale, and ambiorix, again 6 months I find this one a bit dry TBH but it may be the way I brewed it, I was a bit green at the time. BF appear to use at least two different yeasts judging by the marking on the packets, but that might just be my assumption.

Sorry to hear about your lost brew :sad:

Great, well guess I'm going to find out...in several months once the brews have matured. I think I'll do a taste review then, pop a bottle from each.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back