Digital Probe Thermometers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blawford

Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations on these?

I am looking one that is reasonably priced to use as part of the brew day (thinking of sitting the probe in the HLT) and to temperature check the fermenter (either sterilised inside or taped under insulation on the outside).

Cheers.

I have two of these, £15 from M&S online (free del if picked up from store) and found them to be pretty accurate and quick to read temp.....though you probably want one with separate probe if you want to dangle it in the HLT or fermenter (luckily I have a thermowell in my fermenter.)

Resize of P1030729.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The current 50% off sale price for an ETI thermapen 3 is an absolute bargain. This is for a calibrated thermocouple. Calibrated thermometers normally start at 50 quid. I know, I've got one and with probe it was nearer 100 quid.

If you don't get a calibrated thermometer then you may as well choose any that have a suitable probe and easy to read display because none of them will be telling you the correct temperature.

The current 50% off sale price for an ETI thermapen 3 is an absolute bargain. This is for a calibrated thermocouple. Calibrated thermometers normally start at 50 quid. I know, I've got one and with probe it was nearer 100 quid.

If you don't get a calibrated thermometer then you may as well choose any that have a suitable probe and easy to read display because none of them will be telling you the correct temperature.

One nice aspect of the Chefalarm is that you can calibrate it :thumb:

Back